Friday, February 29, 2008

Meet ... Nash!


During our performance at Mickey D's, I met a cool ass young guy by the name of Nash! He told us that he is an actor and attends classes in the inner city. He also told us how his fellow classmates call him "Nash" - Browns" (Get it ... "Hash" Browns, "Nash" ... Browns LOL). Besides all of that we spoke briefly about the movie industry and the and great cinematic pieces. We spoke of "There Will Be Blood" I told him how I saw Spike Lee as my favorite Movie Director of all time, and before I even spoke of the films that are my favorite of Spike's he told me that when he heard my poetry that was the setting that he felt a "Radio Raheem - esque".
We also believe that "Malcolm X" was one of the most underrated films in our generation for the longest. I felt that I should blog about this subject although it may seem a tad subtle it's kinda obvious from the picture kinda that Nash, umm yea ... isn't a "brotha" or anything so it wasn't about race that he said that. It was about the content and QUALITY. it was about the QUALITY. QUALITY. What a fitting way to celebrate the final day of Black History Month. Thank you Nash! See you again soon my friend!

No comments: